Saturday, February 5, 2011

Clearly My Priorities Are Straight...

I should be cleaning my downstairs bathroom.  Or working on my revisions.  Or finally getting in the shower.

Instead, I've opted to follow through on my Stylish Blogger duties.  I mentioned that I would try to get to this in my last post, so here goes.  First, the rules - at least two of which I intend to break.

1. Thank the person who gave the award (Did this already, but what the heck... whatuuuup Aleeza!)


2. Share 7 things about yourself

3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers you discovered and like (Need some more time for this one.  I'm not even sure I follow fifteen blogs yet!)

4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they've won (Again, need to pick the winners first)

So seven random factoids.  I'll warn you now, I'm not terribly interesting.  So here goes:
 
1) When I was younger I used to bring books to parties and picnics and totally tune out the goings-on around me.  My mother used to call me anti-social because of it.  She meant it as an insult, and at the time I took it that way.  Now, however, I totally own my anti-socialness.  Though I no longer bring books to parties.
 
2) My family and my husband's family go way back.  His great-grandmother and great-grandfather were the first friends my grandparents made when they came here from Italy, and subsequently became godparents to my mother and her siblings.  Our parents went to high school together.  The funny part?  He and I never laid eyes on each other until high school.  Senior year we started dating and have been together ever since.
 
 
3) I hate vomit.  Hate it whether it's my own or someone else's.  I don't want to do it, see it, hear it, or smell it.  Uhhh I'm practically convulsing just thinking about it.
 
4) I used to be too skinny for size 0 jeans.  Trust me, no longer a problem.
 
5) I have never tried a cigarette or a joint.  And I don't care what anyone thinks of that.
 
6) My first crush was on John Travolta as Danny Zuko in Grease.  I wanted to be Sandy.  To this day, I swoon over dark-haired, light-eyed boys.
 
 
6-1/2) I still refer to guys as boys, because I can't bring myself to think of people my age as "men".
 
7) I never eat the tip (top or bottom) of a banana.  I have no idea why. 
 
So there you have it.  Happy Saturday procrastination!

3 comments:

  1. ha--love the facts. that pic of you and your hubby is adorable! and i totes envy your below-size-zeroness. :D
    and can i just mention how cool it is that youre part italian? yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm actually all Italian. Both sets of grandparents are straight off the boat. Yet I've never been to Italy and have a four-word Italian vocabulary. Pathetic.

    And don't be jealous- my days of negative sizes are long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Me too. My dad used to call me a freak because I preferred staying inside and reading to playing outside. Awesome.
    2. *Squeee* Love that story about you and your husband!
    3. Me too.

    YOur priorities are TOTALLY straight.

    ReplyDelete