Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm Completely Addicted to Blogfests

A blogfest where I get to talk about myself?  Sounds awesome!  Here are my answers to the Bernard Pivot Blogfest Survey!

What is your favorite word?

Probably something food-related, like sugar or cookie!  I'm Italian and I love to eat!
What is your least favorite word?
Moist.  It grosses me out, and I have no idea why.  And there is a food-related word I hate: scrod.  Seriously, what a dumb name for a fish.
What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Hmmm... turned on literally?  Rick Malambri, LOL.  No, seriously I love a good romantic story set among a beautiful backdrop.  As far as spiritually, I'm Catholic which basically means anything that feels good is a sin so I wouldn't use "turned on" in the same sentence with spiritual!
What turns you off?
So many things.  Rude people, self-centered people, sloppiness, bodily functions as humor.  Funky-looking feet, bad breath, people who bathe in perfume/cologne.  I could go on and on with this one!
What is your favorite curse word?
Definitely ass

What sound or noise do you love?
My nephew Evan's laugh.  It's so stinkin' cute.  And the songs I mentioned in my last post. 
What sound or noise do you hate?
Again, bodily functions.  Also, when my husband stands over my shoulder while I'm on the computer and swallows in my ear.  Drives me absolutely freakin' nuts!  Oh yes, and when I shared a room with my sister at one point, she used to grind her teeth.  I get chills thinking about that noise!
What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
That's easy- writing!  My job right now is hardly a profession and I would love for writing to be a career and not a hobby.
What profession would you not like to do?
Any form of physical labor.  I'm a 106-pound weakling and I am not cut out for manual work.  That and anything Mike Rowe has tried on Dirty Jobs.
If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
I'd like him to explain why it always seemed I had to work a little harder for things that came so easily to other people.  If it was some kind of test... did I pass?

11 comments:

  1. Fellow blogfest participant and new follower here. I really like your answers and I agree with the whole "bodily functions" comments. I look forward to reading more from you. If you get a chance, please visit my blog at: http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also a fellow participant, and a new follower! I love your answers! Thanks for sharing!

    I look forward to catching up on the rest of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so pretty. Love # 10. SOOO right

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay--you're getting addicted to blogfest love too! whoot whoot.
    i love all of your answers. esp. the rick mention, of course :P haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your answers and look forward to keeping up with your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your answers! Sometimes my husband makes a sound right next to my ear, and it actually hurts. He doesn't realize how loud he is, LOL. "Moist" is definitely on a lot of people's list today. It's an undeniably gross word.

    Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun blogfest this is, sorry I missed it. Your answers are great.
    I just awarded you with a stylish award, so stop by my blog to pick it up.
    Tanyareimer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I can't get the phrase moist scrod out of my head. They're even worse together! Love your #10.

    ReplyDelete
  9. KO- I laughed for a good five minutes at your comment!

    Thanks to everyone who stopped by and everyone who commented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, what is it with husbands and hovering while doing things with their bodies?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Scrod - eeewy sounding word. And you're another writer who dislikes the word 'moist'. Probably too much of a reminder of body functions. :D

    ReplyDelete